Galia Slayen built what she believed to be a life-size version of the barbie doll as part of the first National Eating Disorders Awareness Week. On Monday, Slayen brought the life-sized doll to the Today studios.
The Barbie stands about 6 feet tall with a 39″ bust, 18″ waist and 33″ hips and is made of wood, chicken wire and papier mache.
Doctors found a pea growing in a man’s lung in Massachusetts. Initially, they even thought it was cancer. Ron Sveden had been sick for months. His wife, Nancy, was beyond happy with this strange twist of fate.
Swine flu has killed at least a dozen people in Mexico City on Friday and the authorities have closed schools, museums, libraries and theaters in the capital of Mexico.
The new virus which combines genetic material from pigs, birds and humans in a way researchers have not seen before. The flu has also sickened at least eight people in Texas and California, though there have been no fatalities in the U.S. yet.
“We are very, very concerned,” World Health Organization spokesman Thomas Abraham said. “We have what appears to be a novel virus and it has spread from human to human … It’s all hands on deck at the moment.”
What’s the sound of downloading a free track while helping African health care?
An exclusive remix of Nas’s track, "Wake Up" is available to those want to participate in the IntraHealth campaign. You can download the track for free, but you’ll also have a chance to make a donation to the cause as you’re acquiring the track.
Most people knows there is second-hand smoke, but what about third-hand smoke? Most people haven’t heard of the term "third-hand smoke". According to the medical experts, there is such a thing, and it’s particularly hazardous for children.
Third-hand smoke is defined as the residual contamination from tobacco smoke that remains after a cigarette is extinguished—toxic dust that settles onto surfaces and harmful volatile compounds that disperse in the air.
A study finds toxins from tobacco smoke can linger in the air and on hair and clothing long after a cigarette is put out, and can transfer to a baby or small child easily.